Hello Wellvites chocolate fans!
We have a special recipe for you. It’s gluten free, healthy and it’s a good way to mix chocolate, coconut and zucchini in one muffin. It can seem to be strange, but the mixture is amazing and tasty. It’s an explosion of flavors in one muffin.Ingredients:
- 13 pitted dried dates soaked in hot water for a couple of mins
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 small zucchini (grated)
- 1/2 cup coldpressed coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence / powder
- 1 1/2cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Place the dates, eggs, zucchini, coconut oil, and vanilla in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Move the zuccihini mixture to a large bowl and add in the coconut flour, cacao powder, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt then use a hand mixer to mix until smooth and thick. If you have a large powerful blender then you could do this step in the blender. My nutribullet just couldn’t take it as it was too dry.
- Pour the batter into a well greased muffin tin / silicon muffin tray (I used one with mini).
- Bake for 45-50 mins or until center is cooked through.
Recipe by: Kat