Hello Wellvites snack lovers!
We have a vegan chocolate bar for you. It’s made without sugar it takes only 30 minutes to cook. It’s an excellent snack to take during a breafrom your long day. It’s important to let it in freeze but it will refresh you during summer.
It’s up to you!Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cup Dessicated Sugar Free Coconut
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (for coconut)
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar Free Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Cream (This is the thick cream on top of coconut milk)
- 75g Cacao Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Cacao Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (for chocolate)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Spread your coconut onto a large baking tray and place into your hot oven for about 15 minutes. It should start to turn slightly crispy. This gives it a lovely toasted taste. Once cooked remove from the oven and place into a bowl.
- Add your coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut cream and mix until fully combined. Place into a small square baking tray lined with cling-film. Press down hard on all the surface area to compact it, then cover and put in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- After this time melt your cocao butter over a pot of boiling water (see tip below). Once melted remove from the heat then gently whisk in your cacao powder and sweeten with maple syrup. You can adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- Remove the coconut filling from your freezer and take out of your tin. Cut the bars into fun sized bites for your baby.
- Gently dip each bar into your chocolate sauce until completely covered. I put mine onto a greaseproof sheet and then placed back into the freezer for about 5 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
- Dip the bars again into the chocolate sauce and repeat step 6 until they are fully covered.
- Use the remaining chocolate to drizzle over the tops of the bars.
Recipe by:Aileen Cox Blundell