Hello Wellvites partners!
We know that the majority of children loves chocolate spread. That’s why we are happy to share with you our succulent chocolate spread recipe without palm oil and it’s vegan and low sugar. It’s only 15 minutes of preparation. You can indulge yourself while taking care of your health. For most gourmets, add some peanut grains inside for that yummy crunchiness.Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 Cups sunflower seeds (hulled, raw)
- 1/2 Cup light flavored oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa
- 2 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- A grind of salt, just a touch it brings out the flavors
How to make it:
- Roast your sunflower seeds. I spread baking paper on a baking tray (one with low sides). I spread the sunflower seeds out evenly and cook them in an oven at 180 degrees. Set the timer for 3 mins, stir then roast for a further 3 mins. (Much longer and you take them too far)
- Let the seeds cool
- Blitz the seeds in a food processor. First they will become like sand and then it will start to form a ball. It could take some time, be patient.
- Add oil, you can add this at either the finely ground sand stage or ball stage
- Keep blitzing until it becomes a smooth paste. The mix may seem too liquid at this point, but the cocoa in the next step will thicken it up
- Add cocoa, maple syrup, vanilla and salt
- Taste test and adjust flavourings if needed.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature
Recipe by: Stacey Kemeys